bryantke

bryantke

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

The Meeting Place (Song of Acadia #1)

The Meeting Place (Song of Acadia #1) - T. Davis Bunn;Janette Oke Two young women, one English (Catherine) and one French (Louise), meet in a chance encounter in a meadow situated in the middle of their respective towns on the eve before their weddings. It is a time of conflict between England and France and the womens' budding friendship could be dangerous for all involved. There is a lot of history and spirituality intertwined in this story. I developed a great sympathy for both the English and French sides: The French for what they had to endure and the English that were forced to inflict it. Though the terrible things that come in war time are clear, this story also allows us to see what can come from allowing God to take over and using His strength and power to overcome.Just a little slow to start out, but by the end I couldn't put it down. A great love story, exploring the love between family, community, husband and wife, mother and child, and the strength of love that can develop between friends. An amazing inspirational read. After finishing this, I immediately broke out my Bible, wanting to read and learn from the same passages Catherine and Louise read together.Prepare to not even have the choice to read the sequal: with the way this one ends, you will NEED to.