bryantke

bryantke

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

Remembrance

Remembrance - Michelle Madow And yet, another book in which I was pleasantly surprised with just how good it was. I wasn't blown away or anything, but it was enjoyable and addicting; a book to read in one or two sittings. The writing was very well-done and flowed nicely. The overall story was unique and kept me guessing as well my attention from beginning to end. The relationship was as epic as you'd expect from soulmates that have transcended time, but sweet nonetheless.We get a good cast of characters here. The main character is likeable and easy to relate to. She's just your average high school girl: not too much of any extreme. You can tell that Drew is handsome and sweet: the kind of guy any normal high school girl would become infatuated with. Chelsea, the best friend, is a copy of any other typical best friend. All the formulas for a cute romance are at work here. Nothing is too overdone, however, nor does it become cookie-cutter. Michelle Madow gives us everything we typically want in a romance while still giving us a unique and refreshing premise. I'm not over-excited about Remembrance, but I did enjoy it as a quick read and I'll be checking out the next installment in the series. I hope to see the romance develop a bit deeper. I want to truly believe Lizzie and Drew are soulmates! (: