bryantke

bryantke

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

The Pact: A Love Story

The Pact: A Love Story (P.S.) - Jodi Picoult First off, I absolutely loved this book. The story was haunting and jarring and perfect. I couldn't put it down, even when it started to get a little too real and powerful. This was my first Jodi Picoult novel and I won't hesitate to pick up more of hers.I'm a sucker for enthralling love stories and for the tragic ones. I got the best of both in this one and I know this will be a book I will remember for a long, long time. This is a love story, though, NOT a romance story. I do not agree with what Chris and Emily did, but I can understand why they did it. Underneath the love story is a also a mystery. No one, not even the reader, knows exactly what happened that except for Chris. Then, as soon as we start to get a general idea, it turns into an edge-of-your-seat courtroom drama (where I was completly rooting for Chris the entire time!). This a beautifully written novel. Picoult makes it way too easy to feel exactly as the characters are feeling and allows the reader to truly feel like they know these families. This is one book that I absolutely did not want to end, and when I finished, I couldn't imagine picking up another book right away. I needed time for this one to settle. I've read about eight books since this one and The Pact is STILL with me. I've yet to pick up another book since with the raw and engrossing emotions as this one. The only way I can really put it: I miss this book.