bryantke

bryantke

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2)

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) - With this second installment, I am now officially hooked on this series. With Divergent I couldn't understand all the hype; but now I can. Insurgent was so much more enthralling and intense and I ended up reading it all in one day because I was in so deep. The third won't be able to get out fast enough! The ending has me fascinated by where that's going to go.This world! I am so intrigued by this world. And in Insurgent we get to learn so much more about the other factions and the factionless. Just like the summary says: this is a "thrill ride". I mean packed with action and the storyline and events are constantly going, going, going. I began to feel a little exhausted myself but not in a bad way. By the ending, I just need to give my mind a little time to process everything that just went on.In my review for Divergent I mentioned that I didn't find myself caring about the characters very much. In Insurgent I do, I really do. Tris has really grown on me and her actions are understandable considering all that she's been through. Her relationship with Four had me wanting to scream at them half the time, but for the other half it was perfect. I don't feel like we saw enough of him, though. (And let me just mention that I really liked Fernando! I don't know why he stuck out to me but he did.)So much backstabbing, so many lies, so many shockers, and so many "Oh, I knew it!"s. So much drama! I don't want to give too much away, however, so I'll just say that whether you loved Divergent or thought it was just okay, you should absolutely read Insurgent.